The Samuel Johnson suite is a fabulous dual aspect room, with silk wall hangings, a separate dressing room and a triple fold away mirror hidden in the wall. The 65 square metre room includes a canopied king-size bed, dining table and a spacious seating area.
The beautifully-appointed bathroom, accessed by another hidden door, features twin basins set in marble, a large corner bath and a separate shower cubicle.
The room is named after Dr Johnson, compiler of the English dictionary, godfather to the Swinfen children and one of Lichfield's most famous sons.
All of our bedrooms offer
- Luxurious 100% goose down duvets (hypo-allergenic bedding available)
- Pure white Egyptian cotton sheets
- Marble and granite bathrooms
- Full sized bath with fixed overhead shower or separate shower cubicle
- Toiletries from Gilchrist and Soames
- Complimentary mineral water
- Nespresso machine & capsules
- Selection of Twinings teas
- Free superfast wifi
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- DVD player and DVD library
- Evening turndown service
- 24 hour room service
- Overnight shoe cleaning service*
- Iron and ironing board *
- Laundry service*
*Available on request
Make your stay extra special
Cream tea on arrival, flowers in your room, a tour of the walled garden, a bottle of chilled Taittinger before dinner.
Please speak to our reservation team to let them know what you have in mind to ensure your stay is as memorable as possible.
Rooms are available from 2pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure. Early check-in and late check-out can be arranged through reception.