The Holmes Room
This is the most compact room on the first floor, but still boasts the high ceiling and period fireplace typical of the gallery rooms. It is a 28 square metre room with a queen size bed offering wonderful views down the sweeping driveway and front lawns. Positioned at the head of the main staircase, it is well-situated for those with mobility issues.
The Frederick, Goldsmith and Holmes Rooms all took their names from the families of the current owners.
All of our bedrooms offer
- Luxurious 100% goose down duvets (hypo-allergenic bedding available)
- Pure white Egyptian cotton sheets
- Marble and granite bathrooms
- Full sized bath with fixed overhead shower or separate shower cubicle
- Toiletries from Gilchrist and Soames
- Complimentary mineral water
- Nespresso machine & capsules
- Selection of Twinings teas
- Free superfast wifi
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- DVD player and DVD library
- Evening turndown service
- 24 hour room service
- Overnight shoe cleaning service*
- Iron and ironing board *
- Laundry service*
*Available on request
Make your stay extra special
Cream tea on arrival, flowers in your room, a tour of the walled garden, a bottle of chilled Taittinger before dinner.
Please speak to our reservation team to let them know what you have in mind to ensure your stay is as memorable as possible.
Rooms are available from 2pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure. Early check-in and late check-out can be arranged through reception.