Taittinger is one of the oldest Grand Marque Champagne houses and produces fine, elegant wines. It is one of the few independently-owned Champagne producers currently under the inspired chairmanship of Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger.
The food element of the Swinfen afternoon tea changes with the seasons but a sample menu is shown below.
- A choice of loose leaf teas and infusions from the Lichfield Tea Company or a cafetière of Medellin Excelso Colombian coffee
- A glass of Taittinger Brut Reserve Champagne
- Mature Cheddar cheese cracker, pickled walnut and sorrel
- Middle White pork sausage roll, baked apple puree
- Smoked salmon wrap, dill and lemon
- Smoked cheese scone, Lincolnshire poacher butter
- Cherry and vanilla macaroon
- Raspberry Viennese whirl
- Honey and fig cake
- Chocolate brownie, peanut mousse
- Buttermilk scone, strawberry jam and cream